General demands for the abstract: stages of writing, purpose and its own types
Your message “method” is Greek, and it is translated as way of expedient or consistent execution of every work. In cases like this, these are the means of writing an essay.
Abstract – a Latin word, literally means composing a note or perhaps a public report. Mostly this word can be used to find out a constant, convincing and concise statement or writing the essence of a question or subject of a scientific and practical nature.
The abstract is a completely independent written work dedicated to the consideration of a specific aspect of the problem and on the basis of the link between studying a restricted amount of literary sourced elements of a specific subject.
Work with an abstract about life safety requires a quantity of specific skills:
- dealing with text (understanding the information associated with text, analyzing the key dilemmas regarding the guide, adequate perception associated with the special design of the writing);
- the fundamentals of independent, creative and critical thinking;
- capability to provide the analyzed work, as well as your own thoughts in the context associated with the studied sources about life safety.
The main goals of writing an abstracts are systematization, consolidation, expansion of theoretical knowledge and practical skills about life safety; application with this knowledge and skills in solving specific learning issues, growth of skills of separate task of a student of a future specialist of high qualification.
Your order of planning includes the stages of performing the job
The stages include:
- selection and coordination for the topic regarding the abstract,
- determination regarding the function and objectives of written work,
- setting the deadline for the originality test utilization of the abstract,
- Drawing up an overview plan,
- choice of information sources,
- study the information of sources,
- compilation regarding the abstract text,
- editing the writing,
- preparation of a list of literature,
- layout for the abstract,
- submission associated with abstract.
Evaluating an abstract, the teacher arises from the criteria:
- the relevance for the subject material (problematic, novelty associated with the problems into consideration or facets of problems);
- the relevance of this topic regarding the abstract into the content, sufficiency and modernity of this sources involved;
- utilization of the latest publications;
- research and characterization regarding the history of the problem, the amount of the research in the literature;
- a definite statement of the subject, purpose and ways of research;
- generalization of results, justification of conclusions;
- utilization of the conceptual apparatus;
- model of work and layout of this abstract.
The goal of abstracts as well as its types
Etymological concept of the term abstract defines this content for this scientific abstractive genre: a goal short message in written form or in a kind of a public report associated with the contents associated with the document or sources, which sets out of the primary facts and conclusions. An abstract is amongst the most frequent types of additional texts.
the abstract is to notify in regards to the contents associated with the referring document, the identification associated with primary or any specific information. The abstract provides the opportunity to ascertain simply how much it’s important to mention towards the source and for what purpose.
There are many kinds of abstracts:
informative (a succinct statement of this essential conditions regarding the original document in a general kind);
indicative (summary abstracts, extensive annotations) informing about what is stated into the document;
monographic (put together from 1 source, and it is called selective abstracting);
summary – they are abstracts for a given topic on several sources with a total, systematized and general content;
review – abstracts on a comprehensive topic on a few documents with a quick description of this content of every of those separately.
Survey abstracting is a means of data in the availability of literature on a particular issue. The review abstract is founded on annotations to this part regarding the source that relate with the main topics interest to your referent. Then the annotations on the subject are combined into an evaluation abstract;
auto-abstract – abstract, compiled by the writer for the document.